Kazan State Medical University
According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities-European Standard ARES-2014, published by European Scientific-Industrial Chamber, KSMU was the third place among the medical universities in Russia. KSMU is listed in the Top Five Medical Universities of Russia By Indian Embassy Rating.
Join KazanSMU “A” Grade Medical University to become A Successful Doctor.
Kazan State Medical University
About KSMU: With 200 years of experience in medical training, KSMU is justifiably an international University. Around 1000 students from more than 57 countries around the world study here and half of them study in English. Moreover, we have a large group of students from neighboring and remote regions of Russia. We are proud that Kazan medical school is attractive for young people from different parts of the world. That is why our priority is support and care for international students.
- More than 5500 medical students, clinical residents and interns.
- 9 faculties.
- 65 departments
- Staff of more than 1500.
- 5th November (according to the old calendar) 1804 The Emperor Alexander I declares in his royal command to establish a University in the city of Kazan.
- 14th of May (2nd of May according to the old calendar) 1814 — Establishment of the «Department of Doctoral or Medical sciences» of Kazan University.
- 1837 — The Anatomy Theatre was built.
- 1840 — The University Clinic was opened.
- 1858 — The Physiology Laboratory is launched
- 1893 — The first editions of «The Neurology Newsletter» are published.
- 1900 — The complex of University Clinics starts functioning; the Bacteriological Institute is established on the basis of the Medical Faculty
- 1901 — The first editions of «Kazan Medical Journal» are published
- 5th November 1930 — the Medical Faculty of Kazan State University is reorganized into Kazan State Medical Institute
- 1930 — Establishment of the Faculty of Prophylactic Medicine (Sanitary Medicine)
- 1932 — The Pediatric Faculty is created
- 1954 — Establishment of the Dental Faculty
- 1975 — Training at the Pharmaceutical Faculty is launched
- 1991 — The Faculty of Social Work is established
- 1994 — The Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education starts functioning
- 29th of April 1994 — Kazan State Medical Institute is reorganized and acquires the status of Kazan State Medical University
- 14th May 2014 — 200th Jubilee.
From Chancellor’s Table
Kazan State Medical University is one of the best medical universities in Russia. It is the main medical school in Tatarstan and provides doctors and nurses for the region with population of more than three million people. Our University has nine faculties which have a strong emphasis on health and biomedical sciences but our strengths is combining fundamental science with teaching practical skills. Within our school you will encounter a great diversity of leading edge researchers working on a huge variety of topics.Kazan Medical University is justifiably an International University. Nearly six hundred students from thirty countries all around the world are studying here and for half of them the learning language is English. Moreover, we have a large amount of students who came from neighbor and remote regions of the Russian Federation. We are proud that Kazan Medical School is attractive for young people from different parts of the world. Therefore our priority is to be supportive and careful to international students.Education in Kazan Medical University is highly-rated — we are in the top ten in the list of medical universities in the Russian Federation. Students consider KSMU as a desirable place to study and acknowledge our high-grade teaching.Choosing a university is one of the most important and challenging decisions of your life.
I wish you every success in your study in our university and hope that it will be an exciting, challenging and diverse place to be!
For most students choosing a university, it is the first important decision they make as adults, and it is one that shapes and influences both their present and future life. If you want to attend a foreign university, you would become part of a minority. However, you would be given the opportunity to meet and make friends with other students from all over the world – both local students and other members of the university’s international population. You will learn how to deal with obvious challenges, like language barriers, and being far from home. But perhaps you would learn most from the more nuanced aspects of cultural differences – including academic ones as well as social ones. Picking one university to attend is a truly overwhelming choice for some. Among myriad schools all over the world, students and parents alike stress about choosing the right one. We present you the main information about Kazan State Medical University and admission for facilitate your choice.
Main Faculties of KAZANSMU
- General Medicine (MBBS) – 6 years
- Dentistry (BDS) — 5 years
- Pharmacy – 5 years
- Preparatory Course – 8/10 months
- Post Graduation – 2 yrs
Eligibility for Admission:
- Successful completion of higher secondary school.
- Minimum requirement is an average of 65% marks in higher secondary school (each in chemistry, biology, and English language). A proof of English language training may be required.
- NEET is mandatory for Indian Students.
- Guarantee for fulfillment of payment conditions.
Why Study MBBS at KAZANSMU ?
- KSMU is the third oldest Medical University in Russia after Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- The top Government Medical University of Russia.
- KSMU is recognized by NMC and WHOO, listed in the world directory of Medical Schools
(AVICENNA Directory for Medicine).
- Medical degrees obtained from KazanSMU are acceptable to the province/territorial medical
regulatory authorities in Canada, and therefore acceptable to all medical organizations in
- The only university inKazan, recognized by ECFMG (USA).
- The only university in Kazan, recognized by leading medical councils viz. AMC, GMC etc.
- No IELTS, TOEFL required.
- No Donation, No Capitation Fee, No Hidden Charges.
- Top results in FMGE (MCI) exam.
- Special MCI-FMGE Live & Online Coaching during studies.
- Visiting doctors/professors from theUSA, Germany, Canada in a year.
- More than 900+ Indian graduates are currently studying at KSMU.
- KSMU is famous for the English Medium-full course with its quality education.
- KazanSMU library is well organized with computers, access to the Internet, to world electronic
- 7 Fully equipped Govt. Hostels with high security.
- Restaurants, Canteens are nearby Hostel & University campus.
- KazanSMU celebrates all Indian & other countries’ traditional, Religious functions during studies.
- Kazan International Airport in the city, International students can travel directly from their native
country to Kazan.
Why Join KSMU with SES?
- No hidden expenses.
- SES is the representative of Indian students. We have close contact with KazanSMU for the
course information, application requirements, and procedures.
- We assure financial & educational assistants without any hurdle.
- Our services to Indian students from the first day of admission up to the graduation day of