Kazan State Medical University
Kazan State Medical University ( KSMU ) established in 1814 in Kazan City which is the capital of the Republic of the Tatarstan Russia Federation is the oldest medical university not only in the Russian Federation but globally.
Kazan State Medical University is a multifunctional and multi-leveled government institution imparting higher learning in the field of medicine. Kazan State Medical University meets both personal and social needs in acquiring standard education in the field of medicine and in developing biomedical and clinical sciences, as well as broadening scientific knowledge of medical sciences. Kazan State Medical University is a self-governed autonomous institution and which belongs to the system of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Ministry of Health of Russia Federation. On March 6, 1994, the university was issued with a license number 16 G – 235 by the State Committee of the Russian Federation of Higher Education which grants the right to perform activities in the field of professional education. Under the auspices of Kazan State Medical University, there work a pharmaceutical and two medical colleges in Kazan, one medical college Mary EI Republic, lycee, and biomedical classes on a secondary school basis. This complex educational system in the framework of the university provides a continuous higher education of medicine. Kazan State Medical University carries on an aimed preparation of experts in different fields of medicine for 10 republics, Povolzhie, and Ural regions. According to the results of a rating of medical schools, KSMU takes the 16 places among 86 other universities. Founded in 1814, KSMU was the second university institution to be founded in Kazan, the third medical university institution in Russia
The curriculum for General Medicine ( M.D. Equivalent to M.B.B.S in India) in KSMU is extensive and designed by the top doctors of Russia and it is one of the most updated curricula. Subject begins with studying the disease and emphasis is laid on epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, pathological physiology, pathological morphology, clinical picture, methods of laboratory and instrumental examination of the patient, diagnoses, differential diagnoses, complication, prognosis, treatment, and prevention.
During the training period, students learn subjects in succession 1st to 3rd year theoretical and clinical fundamentals 4th to 6th year and acquire necessary practical skills.
Rankings And Reputation
According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities-European Standard ARES-2014, published by the European Scientific-Industrial Chamber, Kazan State Medical University was placed 3rd among the all other medical universities in Russia Federation. KSMU is ranked 4489 by the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities and ranked 6381 in the 4icu world university ranking.
Duration of Studying MBBS in KaznSMU, Russia
- Duration of MBBS Course is 5.8 years for English Medium and 7 years for Russian Medium.
- BDS (Dentistry) 5 years English Medium
- Pharmacy 5 years English Medium.
Remarkable dates of KSMU, Russia
- 5th November (according to the old calendar) 1804 Emperor Alexander I declares in his royal command to establish a University in the city of Kazan
- 14th of May (2nd of May according to the old calendar) 1814 — Establishment of the « Department of Doctoral or Medical sciences » of Kazan University
- 1837 — The Anatomy Theatre was built
- 1840 — The University Clinic was opened
- 1858 — The Physiology Laboratory is launched
- 1893 — The first editions of «The Neurology Newsletter» are published
- 1900 — The complex of University Clinics starts functioning; the Bacteriological Institute is established on the basis of the Medical Faculty
- 1901 — The first editions of «Kazan Medical Journal» are published
- 5th November 1930 — the Medical Faculty of Kazan State University is reorganized into Kazan State Medical Institute
- 1930 — Establishment of the Faculty of Prophylactic Medicine (Sanitary Medicine)
- 1932 — The Pediatric Faculty is created
- 1954 — Establishment of the Dental Faculty
- 1975 — Training at the Pharmaceutical Faculty is launched
- 1991 — The Faculty of Social Work is established
- 1994 — The Faculty of Management and Higher Nursing Education starts functioning
- 29th of April 1994 — Kazan State Medical Institute is reorganized and acquires the status of Kazan State Medical University
- 14th May 2014 — 200th Jubilee.
Kazan State Medical University has six hostels where foreign students can live throughout their studies. Students are offered different kinds of rooms which may differ in size. As a rule; two or three students can share the room. All rooms are comfortable, well heated, and fully furnished according to student’s needs.
Eligibility Criteria for study MBBS in KSMU, Russia
- The candidate must have completed 17 years on or before 31 December at the time of admission for the MBBS Course.
- The students must have secured 65% marks in each subject’s ECB (English, Chemistry, Biology) in their 12th or higher secondary done through from CBSE/State Board or any other equivalent board.
- The candidate’s NEET score is mandatory for admission.
Documents required for Admission in KSMU, Russia
- Online Application form
- Neet eligibility certificate
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets
- 20 passport size Photos (35*45 mm size with white background at the matte paper)
Fees Structure of Kazan State Medical University
Per Year Tuition fee:- 3,35,000 RUBLE = 3,80,000 INR per year
Total Tuition Fee = 22,80,000 INR for 6 years